Celestron has been lining up great optical stuff for years, and it is now one of the leading brands in telescope binoculars and other optical accessories in the US. Using Celestron telescopes or its other optical devices and asking for special treatment or not is a question that every user wants to uncover. Through this article, I’ll tell you how to use Celestron telescopes to be a pro stargazer from the beginning.
Whether you love watching the moon moves, stars roaming around, birding, or viewing nature far away from your eyes; an excellent telescope can make you enjoy all this. In this article, I’ll also share tips you need to consider while buying a Celestron telescope and how to use it optimally to earn optimum results. If you are an amateur, let’s be a pro telescope user.
What are The Main Parts of a Telescope
Before you dive into the detailing of usage, you need to learn the basics of a telescope. Certain parts play crucial roles in getting you a cumulative outcome, and here is the list of the parts with a brief explanation in simple language.
- Eyepiece: You can find an eyepiece in almost every optical device. It is a lens that locates on the top and works with your eyes to the closest. It is the door that offers a view through the scope.
- Slow Motion Control: When you need to shift the telescope a bit to keep the Object within the field of view, this slow-motion control helps you do so. So, the component allows the user to move the scope as the stars move.
- Telescope Rings: These rings are helpful in the fixation of the scope on the base. You can freely move the telescope from one side to another without worrying about its damage. It is the reason behind the stable and precise view.
- Telescope Tube: Multiple optics parts work together, and the tube is the one that aligns all those to get results. It avoids physical contact and light to save the scope from damage and harm. After knowing about these particular and significant parts of the telescope, we’ll examine how to use Celestron telescopes. Let’s not make it delinquent anymore and head to the details below.
Things to Learn About Telescope Eyepiece
If you want to learn how to use Celestron telescope 127 EQ or any other model, you need to be aware of using an eyepiece. In this section, you will find everything about eyepieces and their usage. You can only make it up with how to use Celestron telescopes once you know how to deal with eyepieces. Here you find how.
- You need to pick up the lower power eyepiece and insert it into the telescope
- Now tighten it perfectly
- You need to maintain a specific distance to avoid black rings that can occur near the field of view
- You also need to be aware of an appropriate distance because some users place their eyes far away and go out of the field view
- To get the Object in focus, you need to turn the knobs
- You can also insert a high-power eyepiece if you are comfortable
These are some valuable tips you need to follow while using an eyepiece, and it is a must to attain desired outcomes from your telescope. Before I take you to the primary topic of this article, which is how to use the Celestron telescope properly, you can learn how much do telescopes cost.
How to Use Celestron Telescope?
How to use a Celestron telescope for beginners is a leading question that tickles the minds of anticipated users. If you follow the five points formula below, there is no chance anything can go wrong with the usage. As a beginner, I faced developmental changes and technological uncertainties, which taught me the science behind successful use. Let’s start the show right away.
- Installation of Eyepiece: Installation of the eyepiece is a step that needs the utmost attention, and you need to know that using a lower-power eyepiece in the first place will be helpful. First, unscrew the thumb; after doing so, you can insert the eyepiece you choose. After putting it in, you need to tighten the same with care. If you want to learn how to use Celestron 114AZ telescope or any other model, the same process will help you immensely but with slight changes.
- Point Your Telescope Perfectly: The strength of eyepieces varies, and you need to gauge that it fits your needs. No rocket science will bother you doing so, but unscrewing the thumb of the telescope in the light way possible. Choosing the right powered eyepiece is crucial; you need to learn this art. While doing so, you should be careful of and should treat insertion with gentle hands.
How to use Celestron telescopes? It is a complete process, and pointing the telescope is crucial. You need to lose the lock at the base and check if this moves in the direction you want it to move. Try making desired changes and execute them flawlessly.
- Focus on the Object: Focusing on the Object is inevitable, and you need to check it out by seeing through the eyepiece. The movement of knobs will help you concentrate on the Object. If you want to focus on the Object in a short range, move the knob anti-lock wise. On the other hand, for an object farthest, you need to move it clockwise. You need to make up an exact Object focus to think of how to set up Celestron telescopes.
- Fix the Magnification Level: By dividing the telescope’s focal length, you get help fixing the magnification level. Different magnification levels help get an object in focus, and you can control it by simply moving the controller under your hands. Changing an eyepiece is a way of changing the magnification.
- Find Out the Field of View (FOV): If you want to accurately determine the area of viewing, you need to assess the field of view first. You can do so by dividing the eyepiece with the magnification. The field of view comes in degrees, which can help you decide the Object’s size. So, these are the steps you need to consider while using a Celestron telescope. You must complete all of these steps to get the desired outcomes smoothly.
Other Accessories Needed with Telescope
How to work Celestron telescope? It isn’t a question that you haven’t got answered. However, there are some accessories you need to arrange if you want to get the max outcomes while using a Celestron telescope. A good tripod with high-end material that can unshakably hold the telescope’s weight is inevitable.
Moreover, additional eyepieces, moon filters, dew prevention, Barlow lens, red flashlight, etc., must be arranged. Before you start using a Celestron telescope, it is better to arrange these articles first to avoid any nuisance. I haven’t added anything unnecessary but those which help use a telescope. I have experienced some troubles myself, so I suggest you arrange these requirements.
There is no rocket science in turning the Celestron telescope on; all you need to do is to press the menu button, scroll through the options and choose the mode. Before that, press the Enter button and find the other options to select the way out of them.
Of course, you can use Celestron during the day, but the results won’t be as competitive as you can gain at night time. So, using it during the day will be a challenging decision. For example, you want to see stars and wish to observe the moon’s movements, but you will surely be disappointed during the day. So, choosing nighttime to use is the best for most scenarios.
The battery life may expand or diminish, but a Celestron battery’s average lifetime is around 250 to 300 charges per cycle. If you know how to maintain the battery’s condition, you can expand the lifespan magically. However, you must replace it almost every couple of years with a brand-new one.
I found it interesting when I started learning how to use Celestron telescopes and decided to share what I explored. The Celestron is a big name in optics and has produced exceptional telescopes, binoculars, monoculars, and other optical accessories for years. The quality of optics is top-notch with Celestron devices. However, using it ideally can multiply your success rate by 100%. You need to point the telescope in the right direction and focus on the Object by getting it in the field of view. Moreover, the telescope receives the best outcomes when you use it at night.Wrap Up